Monday, June 29, 2015



FAM!
It sounds like everyone is doing just great, which makes me soooooo happy! This week has been a great one filled with miracles as always.
One of these miracles was the baptism of Brian.  If you don’t remember him, he was the one who would always tell us when we walked into his sister house, "I know everything about the Bible.  I don’t need to listen to you." However, really, he was just sitting behind the wall the entire time listening every time we went to his sister’s house. But his baptism day was very, very special.  The moment that he was baptized the spirit just filled the room with light. My favorite part always is when they share their testimony. He said, "When I went into the bathroom to change by myself, I just looked into the mirror for a minute and I just felt and looked like a completely new person, ready to serve the Lord for the rest of my life." He has such a strong testimony of his Savior and he is completely ready to serve a mission! Such an amazing kid!
This week we were in a copy place making copies for our consejo de barrio and we began to talk to the 20 year old kid that was helping us. He had a major desire to know and strengthen his relationship with his savior, Jesus Christ. However, he told us that he was from Arequipa and was going to leave soon. We took down his information and gave him a pamphlet not thinking anything about it. On Sunday some of the members came up to us and said there is a young kid looking for the two of you in the other room. It was him! I don’t know how he got there or knew where the church was but he was sitting there ready to learn! We are going to take advantage of these two weeks that he is here to teach him everything that we can about the gospel! Heavenly Father truly guided his steps there, so amazing.
Well these are just a few of the miracles that happened this week but I can’t mention them all! Just one last little experience about "smiling". I was doing divisions with a sister named Hna. Owen, we waved down a taxi and they wanted to charge us tons more than it should be and all my companion did was smile as big as she could and he completely changed saying, "Alright get in."  At the end of the ride we went to give him the money and he rejected it saying, "Your smile made me happy today.  That’s enough." We never know when just a simple smile could change someone. So SMILE each day and your smile and light could be the start of someone’s conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Thank you so much for your prayers and love.  I can feel each of you here! I love each of you soooooo much!
Love, Hna. Mahas


Leadership Conference

P-day at the beach in Camana





Brian's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment